THE HEALING POWER OF PLAY
Radio Lollipop believes in the healing power of play – providing smiles and laughter to children at a time when they need it most.
One in four children are admitted to a hospital before reaching age 14.
Though some patients are short-stay, many have a recurring need for care and return repeatedly to hospital. Some who are terminally ill spend much of their short lives in hospital.
Radio Lollipop gives young patients a voice and a choice during their stay. While they can´t say “no” to taking their medicine or receiving treatment, they can request their favourite songs, win prizes and hear their own voices on the radio. Those activities give youngsters a haven of normality in the hospital day which in other respects is strange, different and often scary.
VALUES & AIMS
Radio Lollipop believes that:
- Above all else we should provide care, comfort, play and entertainment to a consistently high standard.
- We should be accessible, available and adaptable to meet the needs of sick children and their families in hospital and elsewhere.
- Active Volunteers supported by professional staff are our greatest asset.
- All our people should be trained.
- We must uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- We should work as part of the care team supporting the sick child.
- We should be fun for all involved.
Radio Lollipop aims:
- To develop Lollipop services for sick children
- To achieve the highest quality of service delivery though appropriately trained and supported Volunteers.
- To develop our play and entertainment services for sick children in hospital and elsewhere.
- To promote the awareness of the importance of play for children in hospital.
- To develop co-operative partnerships with hospitals and other organisations with whom we work.
- To create the financial resources to achieve these aims.
Wilfreds Wholesale is proud to be a supporter of Radio Lollipop Australia. We believe in their values, and strongly stand behind their mission to help sick children in Australian Hospitals. Please consider Donating Here
All Radio Lollipop merchandise that are made available on Wilfreds Wholesale are profit free. Every cent from the sale, including any postage charges where applicable, are donated directly to Radio Lollipop Australia. A tax receipt will be given to you upon successful completion of sale.